President Donald Trump’s former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer revealed that Trump is gearing up to take back the White House in 2024.
“He’s in,” Spicer told the Washington Examiner, discussing Trump’s plan for another presidential run in 2024. Spicer’s remarks were made in a Friday interview to advertise his latest book, Radical Nation: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’s Dangerous Plan for America.
“A couple of months ago I wasn’t sure,” Spicer said about Trump’s next move. “Now, there needs to be something that will keep him out.”
Spicer, who currently hosts Spicer and Co. on Newsmax, insists that the Biden administration’s disastrous job, especially when it comes to immigration, is what has persuaded Trump to seek another presidential term in the upcoming years.
Pollster John McLaughlin also chimed in and told the outlet, “The more Biden fails, the better President Trump looks,” while also claiming that a Trump 2.0 would be “better, and smarter.”
Sean Spicer is not the only former Trump administration official to tease about a possible upcoming presidential bid involving Trump.
During an interview on Cortes & Pellegrino by Newsmax, former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows revealed that Trump has been meeting with “some of our Cabinet members.” After disclaiming that he isn’t “authorized to speak” on Trump’s behalf, Meadows said that meetings wouldn’t occur if there weren’t any plans to “move forward in a real way.”
“I’m not authorized to speak on behalf of the president, but I can tell you this, Steve: We wouldn’t be meeting tonight if we weren’t making plans to move forward in a real way, with President Trump at the head of that ticket,” Meadows revealed.
Earlier this year, Trump told Sean Hannity that he has arrived at a decision about 2024, but is waiting until the right time to officially declare what that decision is.