Trump condemns Russian investigation after Steele dossier’s primary source is charged with falsifying information

President Donald Trump heavily criticized the Russian collusion witch-hunt after the primary source for the discredited so-called Steele dossier was indicted for allegedly falsifying information.

During an interview with Fox New’s Sean Hannity Tuesday, Trump said the country “focuses on so many of these fake investigations, and we don’t focus on greatnesses any longer.”

Trump’s criticism of the Russia collusion investigation comes after Russian analyst Igor Danchenko, who provided details allegedly revealing ties between Trump and Russia during the 2016 presidential election, was arrested earlier this month for falsifying statements made to the FBI in 2017, as reported by the Washington Examiner.

Danchenko was arrested in relation to special counsel John Durham’s investigation into the Trump-Russia probe. Danchenko was charged “with five counts of making false statements to the FBI” associated with sources he used to feed information for Steele’s dossier.

“The June 15, 2017, false statement count alleges that Danchenko denied that he had spoken with a particular individual about material information contained in one of the Company Reports when he knew that was untrue,” Durham’s office stated.

“The March 16, 2017, May 18, 2017, Oct. 24, 2017, and Nov. 16, 2017, counts involve statements made by Danchenko on those dates to FBI agents regarding information he purportedly had received from an anonymous caller who he believed to be a particular individual, when in truth and in fact he knew that was untrue,” the statement reads. “The information purportedly conveyed by the anonymous caller included the allegation that there were communications ongoing between the Trump campaign and Russian officials and that the caller had indicated the Kremlin might be of help in getting Trump elected.”

In the wake of Danchenko’s arrest, left-leaning mainstream outlets such as the Washington Post were forced to correct and remove two stories on the dossier. BuzzFeed News published the whole dossier in 2017 and claimed it would not be taking it down. However, there is now a note attached to it saying, “The allegations are unverified, and the report contains errors.”

During the interview, Trump slammed the mainstream outlets, saying they should give up their Pulitzer prizes for their biased reporting.

“Most all of them are starting to now retract it, and they don’t know how to do it because they’re very embarrassed. And frankly, they should give up their Pulitzer prizes they won for their coverage of Russia,” Trump said.

Related posts

Watch: Praying for America | Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness 11/30/22

Kari Lake smacks down Hobbs’ raw power grab: ‘Put Katie into power or go to jail?’

Watch: The Right View with Lara Trump & Raymond Arroyo 12/1/22

1 comment

HOT Video November 28, 2021 - 10:59 am
❤️ Alice sent you a HOT video! Click Here: http://bit.do/fSHAz ❤️
Add Comment