A district judge has sided with President Donald Trump’s legal team in the fiery legal battle with the FBI over items seized during the Mar-a-Lago raid.
According to a Thursday filing from Trump-appointed District Judge Aileen Cannon, President Trump is not obligated to confirm the validity of the list the FBI created of documents seized during the storming of Trump’s Florida home in August.
The filing comes after the FBI on Monday submitted a list of documents it confiscated, as directed by the special master and U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie. The list contained an additional 63 documents or photographs that were not marked as classified and not previously reported by the Bureau, per The Epoch Times.
Furthermore, the outlet reported that Dearie attempted to have President Trump respond to the list by certifying its accuracy, which Trump’s legal team opposed, maintaining that the order appointing a special master did include an affidavit from Trump.
The federal government sided with Dearie, saying a response from Trump was necessary for Dearie to conduct the reviewing process of the seized materials.
The court order from Thursday states:
“Plaintiff objects to the pre-review Inventory objection requirement, citing the Court’s Order Appointing Special Master [ECF No. 91] and the current inability to access the Seized Materials [ECF No. 123-1 p. 1]. Defendant, for its part, moves to adopt the Plan’s requirement, expressing its view that such an objection is necessary to commence the review process
[ECF No. 121 p. 3].”
Nonetheless, Cannon sided with Trump’s legal team, holding that “There shall be no separate requirement on Plaintiff at this stage, prior to the review of any of the Seized Materials, to lodge ex ante final objections to the accuracy of Defendant’s Inventory, its descriptions, or its contents.” Cannon also added that the court’s special master order “did not contemplate that obligation.”
Moreover, Cannon set deadlines for both parties to review the materials and extended the end date for the special master’s review from Nov. 30 to Dec. 16.
Before Cannon’s ruling, President Trump revealed shocking information last week about the raid on his private home, believing that the FBI took his will, per RSBN.
While speaking with Fox News host Sean Hannity, Trump said, “They took a lot, I think they took my will. I found out yesterday. I said, ‘Where is it?’ I think they took my will. [That] could cause a lot of problems.”