President Trump is fighting back against ex-lawyer Michael Cohen, hitting him with a massive half a billion dollar lawsuit, an exclusive Fox News report revealed on Wednesday.
The 30-page lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida on Wednesday, seeks more than $500 million and alleges a breach of his attorney-client relationship and unjust enrichment, the outlet added.
President Trump’s lawsuit comes on the heels of his arraignment in New York last week after he was indicted on charges of allegedly falsifying business records related to hush money supposedly paid to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.
Supporting President Trump’s innocence is a letter shared by Trump from Cohen’s lawyer to the FEC stating that Cohen “used his own personal funds to facilitate a payment of $130,000 to Ms. Stephanie Clifford.” Further, it noted, “Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed Mr. Cohen for the payment directly or indirectly.”
Yet, the weaponization of the justice system against him continues as Cohen continues to allegedly spread “falsehoods” about the 45th president.
Trump recently shredded Cohen, telling the media that he should be “indicted for all the lies that he told.” Previously, he has also called Cohen a “Fake Storyteller” and “felon.”
According to Fox News, Trump’s latest lawsuit targets the disgraced lawyer’s alleged attempts to maliciously smear him with “embarrassing or detrimental” falsehoods “to wholly self-serving ends.”
Clarifying the lawsuit’s basis, a source close to Trump’s legal team reportedly told Fox that it “has nothing to do with the Manhattan DA’s lawless and fact-less case and is a totally separate matter.”