Op-ed by Summer Lane | Photo: Alamy
A new report from The New York Times set leftist hearts aflutter with its prediction that upon recapturing the White House in 2025, a prospectively victorious President Donald Trump would reshape and “restructure the executive branch.”
According to the report, Trump would “alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference from the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.”
The NYT seems to be primarily referring to President Trump’s proposed Agenda47 platform, which has clearly presented a transparent action plan for cleaning out federal-level corruption, ranging from dismantling the Department of Education to reforming the Department of Justice.
In 2022, President Donald Trump explained, “We need to make it much easier to fire rogue bureaucrats who are deliberately undermining democracy or, at a minimum, just want to keep their jobs,” per Government Executive.
He continued, “Congress should pass historic reforms empowering the president to ensure that any bureaucrat who is corrupt, incompetent or unnecessary for the job can be told—did you ever hear this—‘You’re fired, get out, you’re fired…’ Deep state. Washington will be an entirely different place.”
President Trump’s perspective on this issue has remained steadfast and unchanging since his initial presidential run in 2016, where he relentlessly vowed to go to Washington and “Drain the swamp.”
‘Retribution’ is the name of the game
Trump, who would be acting as the chief executive officer of the country, is essentially proposing that the president should have the power to cut through bureaucratic red tape and fire those who abuse their position.
In light of the DOJ and the FBI’s overwhelming weaponization of their federal powers to prosecute their chief political opponent and censor information from the American public through the tentacles of Big Tech, the president’s proposal is simply common sense.
The far left and the Washington establishment naturally fear a Trump victory in November 2024, because a restored Trump administration would undeniably signal the demise of Deep State bureaucratic power, which survives and thrives within endless federal tributaries.
Trump told Americans this year in what has become an often-repeated declaration, “I am your warrior, I am your justice, and for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution.”
It is this impending “retribution” of equal justice that Deep State globalists and warmongering neocons fear the most. It is this promise to “drain the swamp” that has prompted yet another third looming indictment of President Trump, as federal power players seek to snuff out their political opponent’s chances of reclaiming the Oval Office by manipulating the levers of justice.
Trump stated on Tuesday, “THIS WITCH HUNT IS ALL ABOUT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND A COMPLETE AND TOTAL POLITICAL WEAPONIZATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT! It is a very sad and dark period for our Nation!”
The action plan
A second Trump term in the White House would mean a no-holds-barred presidency that would halt the escalating foreign violence between Ukraine and Russia. It would mean the final security of the southern border, which is facilitating catastrophic trafficking and crime. It would mean the resuscitation of an economy in freefall, and it would mean the strengthening of America’s military forces.
The radical left and the propaganda arm of the mainstream media are terrified of a Trump presidency because he has made it very clear that he has his sights set on putting America first, which flies in the face of the globalist machinations of Washington’s political aristocracy.
If Trump wins the presidency in 2024, he will gut federal power and increase executive efficiency by doing the following:
- Diminish the tyrannical power of the Department of Education by axing federal funding for destructive curriculum that includes CRT or radical gender ideology. He will also fire “radical zealots and Marxists” at the DOE, pledging, “I will have them fired and escorted from the building,”
- Revive the power of “Impoundment,” which was axed in 1974 by Congress. This would enable him to order federal agencies to identify “large chunks of their budgets that can be saved through efficiencies and waste reduction” and “restore critical negotiating leverage with Congress,”
- Stop automatic citizenship for the children of illegal aliens. Trump has vowed to sign an executive order that will direct federal agencies that the children of illegal migrants “will not receive automatic U.S. citizenship.” This would prioritize legal immigration and natural-born U.S. citizens in the country,
Most aggressively, he has promised to re-issue a 2020 executive order that would allow him to fire “and remove rogue bureaucrats.” This is the cherry on top of Trump’s vision to clean up America’s government system. In March, he issued a ten-point plan that was aimed at revoking federal power and returning it to the people.
As reported by RSBN, his ten-point plan will accomplish the following, via his Agenda47 policy pitch:
1. “On Day One, re-issue 2020 executive order restoring the president’s authority to fire rogue bureaucrats.
2. Overhaul federal departments and agencies, firing all of the corrupt actors in our National Security and Intelligence apparatus.
3. Fundamentally reform the FISA courts, ensuring that corruption is rooted out.
4. Establish a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to declassify and publish all documents on Deep State spying, censorship, and abuses of power.
5. Launch a major crackdown on government leakers who collude with the media to create false narratives, pressing criminal charges when appropriate.
6. Make every Inspector General’s Office independent from the departments they oversee, so that they do not become protectors of the deep state.
7. Establish an independent auditing system to continually monitor our intelligence agencies to ensure that they are not spying on our citizens or running disinformation campaigns against the American people.
8. Continue Trump administration effort to move parts of the federal bureaucracy outside of the Washington Swamp, just like President Trump moved the Bureau of Land Management to Colorado. Up to 100,000 government positions could be moved out of Washington.
9. Ban federal bureaucrats from taking jobs at the companies they deal with and regulate, such as Big Pharma.
10. Push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress.”
With Trump in the White House, Americans would see federal tyranny shrink and state sovereignty rise significantly. A reclaimed Washington, D.C., in the name of the people, would signal the demise of the old political guard and the beginning of a freer and more prosperous country that would aim for greatness once again.