Political consultant and Trump ally Roger Stone thanked Twitter CEO Elon Musk for welcoming him back on the platform after being banned for five years.
Through a Twitter post on Wednesday, Stone announced that his personal Twitter account was reinstated, writing: “I have just been informed that my personal Twitter account has been reinstated. Will talk about it today at 5PM EST at https://stoneZONE.live. I’m BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.”
Stone thanked Musk for allowing him back on the platform after a five-year ban, saying he was “a man of his word” on his show the Stone ZONE, The Post Millennial reported. “I’m grateful to be back on Twitter,” Stone said. “You really don’t appreciate free speech rights until they are taken away from you.”
According to the Independent, Stone was banned from Twitter in 2017 after reportedly calling for CNN anchor Jake Tapper to be “very severely punished.”
Nonetheless, Stone announced he has since turned over a new leaf, becoming a different person than who he was before.
“I haven’t had a chance to examine my Twitter feed,” Stone said during his show. “I’m sure people can recognize that that was many years ago. I’m a different person today.”
Stone maintained that he had been “redeemed in the blood of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ” and had changed his life “in many ways.”
Stone’s Twitter account is one of several that have been reinstated following Musk’s acquisition of the company.
President Donald Trump was also welcomed back after being banned from Twitter in 2021 following the events of Jan. 6, RSBN reported.