Tucker Carlson has broken his silence for the first time since his sudden departure from Fox News on Monday.
Jack Posobiec, the senior editor at Human Events, tweeted a photo obtained by the Daily Mail of Carlson and his wife, Susan, smiling and enjoying their day during a golf outing outside of their home in Boca Grande, Florida.
Carlson also told Daily Mail during an exclusive chat that retirement was “going great” as he departed his beach home.
“Retirement is going great so far,” said Carlson on Tuesday.
“I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,” he joked. “Appetizers plus entree.”
Daily Mail also reported that the former television host spent Tuesday with his former executive producer, Justin Wells, who also lost his job with Fox News on Monday. Daily Mail speculated that the two may be planning their next moves.
Carlson also responded to reports that members of Biden’s Defense Department celebrated his leave from Fox News, texting a reporter from Politico, “Ha! I’m sure.”
Fox News has not confirmed why they parted ways with Carlson. However, the news came one week after the Fox Corporation settled a $787.5 million lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems, reportedly due to the network’s coverage of the discrepancies that took place during the 2020 presidential election.
Nonetheless, the move by the Fox Corporation has proven to be unpopular among viewers, as the media network’s stock fell by nearly $1 billion shortly after the announcement.