President Donald Trump’s all-business approach to fixing the sinking American economy is preferred by GOP voters by a wide margin in several key battleground states, new data from National Research has found.
In a summary from Interactive Polls, National Research found that Trump was the overwhelming favorite when asked who was “best to improve the economy” between the 45th president and newly declared presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla.
On this issue, Trump dominated GOP primary support in South Carolina by a whopping 49-point spread. He also snagged overwhelming support in New Hampshire (+41 points), Iowa (+42 points) and even in DeSantis’s home state of Florida (+28 points).
In the Palmetto State, Trump is also holding a wide lead as the preferred nominee in the 2024 Republican presidential primary election, according to National Research. They found that Trump was up by 25 points in South Carolina over DeSantis.
In Iowa, McLaughlin & Associates found that Trump has maintained a solid lead over the field of GOP candidates in the 2024 race with 49.5 percent of GOP primary voter support against DeSantis’s 24.5 percent support.
President Donald Trump’s MAGA platform has also won the political heart of GOP primary voters in California. In a survey from UC Berkley, 44 percent preferred President Donald Trump as the 2024 Republican Party nominee, while 26 percent preferred Gov. DeSantis.
Interestingly, in an online Twitter poll conducted by Interactive Polls, most Twitter users indicated that Trump had a better chance of winning in 2024 than DeSantis. Out of 17,175 votes, 75.3 percent indicated that Trump had a better chance, while 24.7 percent of respondents indicated that DeSantis had a better chance.
Trump addressed recent polling data comments posted to Truth Social, writing, “Also, in the polls, I am beating Biden by a lot, ‘Rob’ isn’t! Also, WAY UP ON RON. Check out the DeSanctus speech at the Trump Rally I gave to get him elected. Not easy! p.s. I got 1.2 Million more votes in Florida than Ron, a little reported fact!”