Former Fox News primetime television host Tucker Carlson announced that he and Twitter with partner together to bring a “new version” of his former show, “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” to Twitter.
In a tweet captioned, “We’re back,” Carlson confirmed the news with a three-minute video posted to his personal Twitter account on Tuesday, less than three weeks after his mysterious departure with Fox News.
Carlson explained in the video that while most news is correct in the literal sense, the news viewers consume at the most basic level is a “lie of the stealthiest and most insidious kind.”
“Facts have been withheld on purpose, along with proportion and perspective. You are being manipulated,” he said.
Carlson also accused the mainstream media of misleading viewers “in every story that matters, every day of the week, every week of the year.”
“What’s it like to work in a system like that?” Carlson asked. “The best you can hope for in the news business at this point is the freedom to tell the fullest truth that you can. But there are always limits, and you know that if you bump up against those limits often enough, you will be fired for it. That’s not a guess—it’s guaranteed.”
He continued, “The rule of what you can’t say defines everything.”
The television host went on to explain how “there aren’t many platforms that allow free speech,” noting that Twitter is the “last big one remaining in the world.”
“Twitter is not a partisan site,” said Carlson. Everybody’s allowed here, and we think that’s a good thing.”
However, Carlson warned that much of the news analyzed on Twitter “comes from media organizations” that are “thinly disguised propaganda outlets.”
“The result may feel like a debate, but actually, the gatekeepers are still in-charge,” Carlson continued. “We think that’s a bad system. We know exactly how it works, and we’re sick of it.”
“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve be doing for the last six and a half years to Twitter. We’ll be bringing some other things too, which we’ll tell you about. But for now, we’re just happy to be here.”
“Free speech is the main right that you have. Without it, you have no others. See you soon,” he concluded.
Tuesday’s announcement marks Carlson’s first comments regarding his next step since his departure from Fox News. He has been spotted in previous weeks enjoying golf outings with his wife, Susan, outside of their home in Florida.
Fox News has not confirmed their reasoning behind the split with Carlson. However, news of the departure came just one week after the Fox Corporation settled a $787.5 million lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems, reportedly due to the network’s coverage of the discrepancies that took place during the 2020 presidential election.
However, Fox News tapped former weekend primetime host Lawrence Jones to temporarily replace Carlson earlier this month. The show was also rebranded to “Fox News Tonight.”
This is a developing story of which RSBN will continue to provide updates.